Route 400 is a limited stops bus route from Burwood Westfield to Bondi Junction Interchange. Frequent services only run betweeen Bondi Junction and Eastgardens. It runs through 2 regions, the Inner West region (region 6) and the Eastern Suburbs (region 9) and passes through many landmarks like the Airport. A wide variety of buses, from B, K and W primarily are used on this route. However, due to the routing at Westfield Eastgardens that takes the bus around a circuit of the shopping centre, bendy (articulated) are not allowed to run this route. This is because there is a tall speed bump that can damage the turntable of articulated buses and also inadequate layover space. Instead of bendy buses, due to the high patronage, some 14.5m buses (Scania L113TRB) are used.
Route 410 is a Prepay Only limited stops route that operates along some sections of the 400 route. It only runs on weekdays, from approximately 7am to 9am, then from 3-6pm. It runs between Rockdale Station and Bondi Junction. Unlike route 400, it doesn't divert into International or Domestic Airport, instead continuing along Airport Drive.
Areas Served Edit
- Burwood Heights
- Croydon Park
- Campsie [can terminate here in special circumstances (e.g. late running, driver time restriction)]
- Clemton Park [Driver Relief Point, Staff car from Kingsgrove Depot (not bus due to limited space)]
- Bexley North
- Rockdale (410 route start)
- Sydney Airport (International & Domestic) (410 does not stop except at QANTAS Jet Base)
- Pagewood/Eastgardens [short working destination]
- UNSW (Randwick)
- Bondi Junction