The 439 was introduced on 21 March 2010 and is one of the bus routes operated by Sydney Buses in the Inner West region of Sydney. The L39 is the prepay-only and limited stops version of the 439. The L39 route which operated prior to 21 March 2010 was renumbered the L37 on 21 March 2010 and is a different route to the current L39.
Route Description Edit
The 439 route operates between Mortlake and the City (Martin Place) via Concord, Five Dock, Leichhardt Marketplace, Norton St Leichhardt, Parramatta Rd and Castlereigh St. Originally, the route known as the L39 operated from Cabarita Junction to Leichhardt and City, but this route was replaced by the L37 between Haberfield and City.This route is usually operated by buses from Leichhardt or Burwood depot.
As of the 4th of October 2015 the following changes have been made:
- Inbound buses will operate as normal to Railway Square, then via Pitt Street, Hay Street and Elizabeth Street to Martin Place.
- Outbound buses will operate via Castlereagh Street, Hay Street and Pitt Street. Buses will no longer go to Chinatown, the QVB, Wynyard, Circular Quay, King Street Wharf or Millers Point.
- If you need to go to other destinations in the CBD you can change at Central for buses or trains on the City Circle.
- If you catch route 422, 423, 426, 428, L23 or L28, you may find it more convenient to
change at Newtown for T2 Inner West & South Line trains, or at Marrickville or St Peters for T3 Bankstown Line trains, for City Circle stations.
Timetable and MapEdit
- Click here to view the PDF timetable for this route.
- Click here to view the route map.
- To save to your computer, press Ctrl+S when the file opens.