Route 501 is a route which runs between West Ryde Interchange and Sydney City (Central Station), via Miller Street, Victoria Road, Anzac Bridge and Harris Street.
It makes all stops along Victoria Road, and unique to other Victoria Road bus routes, it deviates off the Western Distributor and serves Pyrmont, Harris Street before continuing up to terminate at Railway Square. This is because route 501 shadows the former tram route to Ryde.
It is one of Sydney’s most unreliable services. During weekday peak hours it is usually full by the first half of the route. Commuters wishing to catch the service after the half way mark may need to wait up to 2 hours before a bus passes with room to board. Expect each service to be at least 10 - 20 minutes late, regardless of time of time of day or weekends.
Points of interest Edit
- West Ryde Railway Station - for services on the Northern Line
- Top Ryde City Shopping Centre
- Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre
- Gladesville Bridge
- Birkenhead Point Factory Outlet Centre
- Iron Cove Bridge
- Anzac Bridge
- Sydney Fish Market
- Powerhouse Museum
- Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre
- TAFE NSW, Ultimo Campus
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Railway Square Bus Interchange , Central Railway Station